Get outside, explore, sleep under the stars, its life changing.
- A complete tent. Don’t borrow one from your mate that used it for the trance party season 6 years ago, he just needs to find it in his garage. It needs to be water proof, and complete, poles and all.
- Sleeping bags & a mattress. Test the mattress beforehand, take an afternoon nap in the garden.
- Braai essentials. The Braai, grill, tongs, fire lighters, matches & wood. Most spots have braai facilities, find out before hand.
- Chairs, you need to be able to chill in your own chair.
- Paper plates, kitchen utensils, a sharp knife, a cutting board, a plastic salad bowl, rubbish bags.
- Coffee, nobody should have to wake up without a cuppa. Cups, sugar, spoons, milk, water, a steel kettle (or pot to boil water).
- Cooler box filled with ice (should last 2 days).
- Cooler box filled with beers (should last 2 days).
- Plan your meals.
- Bug spray, anywhere near water in summer, there will be mosquitos bruh.
- Cash, in case there is no card facilities at the Tannies padstal.
- Shade, must have shade.
- Toilet Paper, cause not all campsites have ablution facilities, and not all ablution facilities have TP.
- Rake, not all campsites are lush green grass.
- Camera, charge the batteries before hand.
- Good vibes.
Once you’ve picked your spot, read through the website. There is usually some interesting need to know info, you’ll be glad you did.
Here are a few good spots to start off with:
Got any hidden gems close to Cape Town? Let us know in the comments.
Get out there and explore.